Appliqué Problem Update - September, 2016
Last year I discovered one little problem - I don't really like appliqué. As a solution I was just going to do those rows that are very unique or have a special interest to me. By the time 2016 Row by Row ended, I still did not have even one row finished from 2015. It was evident I was never going to do a row by row pattern. My friend, Karen did the row from Illinois in 2015 for me and took away the unfinished row from Mt. Forest, Ontario. I abandoned the rest.
Every Problem has a Solution
Since I loved participating in (or rather driving to) Row by Row so much, and since I had oodles of fabric from both 2015 and 2016, I decided to scrap my futile intentions of finishing a row by row quilt and focus on creating something I would actually enjoy. It didn't take long for a plan to come to life - an annual row by row wall hanging. I decided though, to back track and make the 2015 wall hanging first. That finished, I made one for Karen. The 2016 wall hanging followed immediately with two more - one for Karen and one for Carol.